About this course
Aerial Surveying is something that a lot of businesses are adding to their portfolio as the commercial use of
drones develops. RUAS are pleased to have developed this introduction to aerial survey course in order to
provide students the basic skills needed to fly aerial surveys and gather the information required.
Our course includes:
- Provision of aerial data sets captured using various drone platforms
- Various survey equipment and software demonstrations
- Half classroom based, half practical flight
- Total Station - traditional
- GNSS - theory, what it is and why it has limitations
- Coordinate systems
- Ground Control Points (GCPs) - what, how and where
- Differences between RTK/PPK and non-RTK UAVs
- Processing and possible deliverables
- Includes buffet lunch
Please note, students must have appropriate PPE to undertake this course.